After a 1.5-hour drive on mountain forest roads, a specially elevated vehicle can take you to the Fighting Cliffs (Boricje). You will hike along one of the highest ridges of the world's second-deepest canyon. And you will be fascinated by a breathtaking view over 1000 meters below.
You can also reach this location by ascending from the Ravnjak meadows via an old shepherd's path to the largest pasture in Europe (Sinjavina) and then hiking along the cliffs above the Ravnjak Hotel. This hike will require at least 4 hours in one direction. Therefore, if you are not prepared to spend the entire day in the mountains, we recommend taking a Jeep tour with one of the local guides. The itinerary for such a tour can be found below.
Jeep Tour to the Fighting Cliffs (Boricje) and Krstač (Cross) Mountain (6 hours):
1. Drive to Dobrilovina: On the way, take a short walk through the Crna Poda (Black Tree) forest to the viewpoint at the entrance of the Devil's Trails (Davolje lazi) gorge – the narrowest point of the Tara Canyon.
2. Ascend with an off-road vehicle on forest roads to the old hunting ground Zaboj (Battle) - a region with high mountain plateaus covered by pine forests.
3. Continue driving on forest roads eastward towards Boricje.
4. Walk along the cliffs with views over 1 km down to Sokolovina (Falcon Land) in the Tara Valley, picnic.
5. Short drive towards Krstač (Cross) Mountain.
6. Walk along the cliffs with breathtaking views of the Tara Valley towards Mojkovac, the Bistrica River, the Ravnjak Hotel, and the Tara Springs Wildlife Park.
7. Return with a stop at the most beautiful and untouched glacier lake in the Durmitor Park - Zabojsko Lake.