Here is the most beautiful view down on Tara Canyon from the most unusual surroundings. There are “Live forest” of Black Pine trees on the right side and “Dead forest” of white tree stumps on the left side. It is a very beautiful place that gives you strange feeling and, when people come there, usually they do not want to leave for hours. I myself was always leaving that place after dark, even taking into account the road – it is not wise. However, the only way up for tourists is to go there is to take a jeep tour from one of local guides. The road is actually not so uneven, as loggers' roads on the other side of the canyon, but it is narrow and guaranties that you will get scratches on your car. There are quite a few treacherous very sharp turns. So it is “a no no”, unless you are experienced driver and brought here your own “beat-up” jeep.
Jeep tour "Living and Dead Forests" of Forgiveness Heights.
Journey to Forgiveness heights to the "Stupsky Field" (5-6 hours)
1. Descent through the picturesque village of Kaludra to the Tara River.
2. Crossing the suspension bridge over the Tara River.
3. Rise to the heights of “Forgiveness” with a few pauses for picturesque landscapes.
4. Visit Column Field (Stupsko Pole) an abandoned settlement with stunning nature and views of the Tara Valley. There is a walk to visit the cliffs with stunning views of the valley and the medieval monastery of Dobrilovin and the living forest on the right and the dead forest on the left side of the cliff.
5. A picnic with barbeque in the "living forest" among the Black Pines - trees of centenarians and giants on the planet.
6. Moving through alpine meadows and forests of the Forgiveness heights, picturesque by Red Pond (Crvena Lokva) village.
7. Return through the Krstac pass and the city of Mojkovac with stops for nice views.